Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

PAPER = POOF * A CURRENT EVENT



We are listening to two ladies discussing their current investments that they have accrued for their futures.  Lisa is an artist in Santa Fe New Mexico who is white and 58 years old.  Brenda works at a brewery in Milwaukee WI is 61 years old and is from Iceland who has been a US citizen for 25 years.
Question 1: Where are your investments and how well are they doing?
Lisa: My investments are 85% in the stock market with the remainder in bonds and CD’s bank.  My return on investment in the last 5 years has been 7% “great”.
Brenda: My outlook on investing is not your run of the mill.  I have invested in a truck farm, precious metals and weapons. My investments have returned me 35% return in 3 years. Don’t follow the herd, it gets slippery going.
Question 2: How does the future look for the world of investing?
Brenda: I would be looking for more land with wooded area’s on the property.  I feel that you may not make as much as money as in the stock market, but I least I can look at it and touch it. I like commodities delivered and in sight and hand.
Lisa: I think that the market will go higher.  I may hedge with commodity stocks because the market is so high.  I like to look at my holdings on line.  I like to keep my investments at arm length.
Question 3: What if the stock market took a plunge ½ all over the world?
Lisa: I would be in a world of hurt and misery.  I do not have any investment of any other kinds to break the fall of my investments.  This could never happen.
Brenda: Why do you think I have not been putting all of eggs into one basket?   An OCCURRANCE is coming.  I want to be able to grow my own food, trade, and above all protect my holdings.  Paper will be very hard to eat and defend with. Where Are You Going To Go???